Thursday, February 18, 2010

Saving Money on "Save the Date"

I'm still debating on a wedding website, but one thing I knew I needed was a "Save the Date" mailing to accomodate the coastal ceremonies.

Since I've been reading up on wedding blogs and saw how expensive invitations can be, I decided to do an inexpensive, but cute soft invitation. I decided personalized postcards. Postcards are not only budget friendly because of cheaper production, but less in postage.

On one side, is a nice photo of me and Sun-Rah, on the other side, our ceremony dates including our symbol with the theme. It was a simple and nice layout that got to the point. I figured I could get more creative down the line.

I designed the cards on an online site called, Overnight Prints. Both sides are glossy print and the postcards are 5.5 x 8.5. The amount of cards are 100. I had to reorder my cards because the first ones only had the Los Angeles date. The cost for both orders including the shipping was a little less than $130. Add postcard postage stamps at 28 cents that is $28.00. The total cost is $158.

No comments: