Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Power of Negotiation During a Recession

Since I am on the hunt once again for a reception site, I have been slightly nervous. My date is 10-10-10, a hot wedding date that people are also preparing to jump the broom. But what I am forgetting is that we are in the midst of economic crises that has tabled a lot of events for at least the next 2 years.
When a venue representative emailed me out of the blue the other day asking if I was still interesed, I told her that her place was too expensive. I added that I would consider the place if she offered a discount. She told me she was willing to negotiate, now I am waiting for her numbers.

I was flat out surprised! Now I know that negotiating is a must, even if there was not a recession. Often as women we don't negotiate like we should; however, there is a new day, I'm gonna be haggling like Imma a likkle street vendor until I jump this broom.

love and balance
darker than blue

No comments: