Monday, March 15, 2010

It's Not Back to the Drawing Board, I Don't Think So..or is it really?

Planning a wedding long-distance is nerve-wrecking for a borderline type-A person like myself. And what I am learning is patience and collaboration.

Before I hired a wedding planner, my sister helped me pick out a reception site, the Cabrillo Bath House. To prepare for decor, my wedding planner visited the site and gave it a quadruple thumbs down.

Here are some of the issues she found out:
Bad lighting
Horrible paint job
Paid parking
Under-maintained building
Second floor venue with crappy elevator
Undesirable bathroom
Hidden fees in the contract

Her reasons paralleled mine, including some things in the contract she pointed out that could be problematic. I must admit I have not seen the contract because my sister filled it out. This is a huge mental note, and an admitted huge mistake. Never commit until you read every damn thing.

Also they had this shitty policy about beverages that was insane! We could only use a beverage vendor by the name of Monterey Concessions. Not only was the lady whom I spoke to rude, the information she quoted over the phone was different than what she emailed. Bad sign, and honestly, I did not have a good feeling about it.

Eulina thought I would be pissed, but honestly, I knew that this might happen, so hey, as Jay-Z says, "On to the next one."

I must say, I really enjoy my wedding planner, she is helping me make smarter choices.

love and balance
darker than blue

No comments: