Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Weight Loss the Uphill Climb

Like every bride, I want to look my best when I jump the broom. That required me to shed some of this love/stress/winter weight I've picked up the past five years since Amen-Rah and I have been together.


I blogged about losing roughly 40 pounds several months ago. Well, the last time I weighed myself I've shed (drum roll) 6 pounds. Oh yes, I have a lot to go.


And I've been doing everything, from running to weight lifting to swimming. And the pounds have slowly, and I mean extra slowly come off.


I have been eating mostly fruits and veggies, getting colonics, and a whole bevy of stuff, but I came to understand that my weight was emotional and spiritual. I needed to get away from NYC and woosahh.


As a result, I took 2 weeks and went to Los Angeles. While there, a very good friend encouraged me to try Yoga again, and with some doubt I did. And I must say, I was transformed.


I came back to the NYC area with a charge and joined a hot Yoga or Bikram Yoga studio. Honey child, the sweating and postures got me open. Last night I sweat out the 3 Sangrias I had during the TrueBlood season premiere.


I swear by Yoga! Now don't get it twisted, Yoga will have you hella sore afterwards. Get the right instructor and you will begin to work muscles you did not know.


The Yoga has been a life saver because I didn't know how I was gonna shed other than starve myself and anyone who knows me, knows, I will not give up my food.


No comments: